Pony Fun For School Holidays
Wondering what to do for school holidays? Does your little one LOVE horses and ponies?
Be the hero of school holidays and book into the Pony Activity and Riding Day
Our program will be run like a mini half day workshop on pony ownership. The kids will get to experience what it would be like to own their own pony. We’ll begin by:
1. How to catch a pony safely in the paddock (and release him afterwards). This includes how to put on a headstall and lead a pony safely.
2. Brushing and groom a pony according to the season.
3. Tack a pony up (that means how to put on the saddle and bridle)
4. Pony Riding Lesson – mounting and dismounting. Walk, trot and halt. Steering.
5. Going on a mini trail ride.
6. Fun and games after the ponies are rugged up and fed.
7. The kids will receive a certificate, photo wallet and a gift
Having taught riding and horsemastership at various pony clubs in Melbourne, I place a huge emphasis on safety around ponies.
You may have to put up with a few moans when you turn up to take them home … but oh well.
The Activity Days will begin at a civilized 10am and finish at 2:30pm and will take place in Diamond Creek (6 min drive from Greensborough and 7 min drive from Eltham North). Numbers will be limited to 6 children between the ages of 6 – 12.
Please register your expression of interest here: